Wednesday 18 March 2009

Are you ready to QUIT?? Part Two

Firstly I want to say thank you to everybody who emailed me or left comments supporting me in giving up smoking. It was so nice to read them. It is now day 7 of taking the tablets. I am near my quit day which is Friday and if I am honest, I am finding it extremely hard now. Although I do think I have done extremely well, even if I say so myself! I can stick to my 2 a day, maybe 3, which is a huge drop from 20 day! I am just trying really hard to kick those last few. I am already feeling better for it, still eating a rather large amount but I know that will calm down. I can enjoy the taste of food a lot more and already feel a lot healthier walking to work without a cigarette in my hand. It does not bother me being around people who are smoking, that is not what entices me to smoke those last few. The smell of smoke turns my stomach quite a bit now. I am no longer feeling sick on the tablets but when I am smoking, I just can’t taste it, resulting in me not enjoying it. The after taste is also not very nice.

I am finding it a struggle now but just keep telling myself the benefits of giving up smoking. The holiday I want to go on, I will be able to pay in just 3 months of not smoking! I also think about how much healthier I will be. There are so many reasons not to smoke; outweighing the one reason I am smoking, through habit. My dose increases tomorrow from 0.5mg twice daily, to 1.0mg twice daily, so I know it can only get easier from then. As long as I have my positive thinking going at the same time. I haven’t really experienced any side effects still, apart from being a little touchy now and then, but who’s not!

Keeping busy is a great way to take your mind of smoking. It’s often through boredom that I find myself smoking lots. I’m finding it easier not to smoke in the day at work, than when I am home at night time. However I am spending a lot of time writing (as you can probably tell) and even drawing (I can’t draw for the life of me!) just to keep busy. It is also something I enjoy doing, so not making it a chore to replace smoking.

Thank you all again for your support and everyone who is around me for putting up with a little bit of moodiness (Calvin especially) and I will keep you posted. Again if you have any questions, send them my way. Wish me luck......
Jen x

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up, your over the worst of it and it will only get easier.

    Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great honey. It will be hard but worth it in the end. Michael put his money that he would have spent on cigs in a jar each day and then treated himself to something. Plan that holiday!!! Den xxx

    ReplyDelete